The project PATIENT SAFETY THROUGH INTELLIGENT PROCEDURES IN MEDICATION (PSIP) deals with Adverse Drug Events (ADE) due to product safety problems and medication errors due to Human Factors (HF) which are a major issue in public health. They endanger the patients’ safety and originate considerable extra hospital costs. Healthcare ICT applications should help to reduce the incidence of preventable ADE, by providing the healthcare professionals and patients with relevant knowledge. The objective of PSIP is in fact to: facilitate the systematic production of epidemiological knowledge on ADE.
PSIP PROJECT CARACTERISTICS:
• 13 European partners (PSIP project) + 2 new Bulgarian partners (PSIP+)
• PSIP is an IP research project (PC7 – ICT-2007.5.2)
• Scientific goals PSIP GENERAL OBJECTIVES
• Identify, by State-of-the-Art Data and Semantic Mining techniques, Healthcare situations where patient safety is at risk
• Improve the decision support tool related to the medication cycle
• Deliver usable, efficient and contextualised alerts and just-in-time and point of care or relevant information to healthcare professionals and patients
• Demonstrate a significant reduction of patient risk for a sub-set of diseases and practices in the hospital setting PSIP+ GENERAL OBJECTIVES The major task of PSIP+ is to validate the PSIP approach in another clinical setting.